ag电子易爆 www.emnz.top 翻译常识（五）2012.10.25
1) 中央gov不干预香港特别行政区的事务。a. The Central Government has refrained from intervening in the affairs of the HKSAR.b. The Central Government has never intervened in the affairs of the HKSAR.
2) 中国的经济将融入世界经济的大潮。a. The economy of China will merge into the tide of the world economy.b. The economy of China will converge with that of the world economy.
3) 这事到了现在，还是时时记起。a. Even now, this remains fresh in my memory.b. Even now, I still often think about it.
4) 世纪之交，中国外交空前活跃。a. The turn of the century finds China most active on the diplomatic arena.b. At the turn of the century, China is very active in its diplomatic activities.
5) 在同新闻界谈话的时候，上海人使用越来越多的最高级形容词。a. When they talk to press, the Shanghai citizens use more and more adjectives of the superlative degree.b. You can hear Shanghai people using more and more adjectives of the superlative degree when they talk to the press.
6) 我又闲了一个多月了啦！a. I’ve been idle for another month now.b. Another month now and I’ve had no work.
7) （颐和园）1900年遭八国联军破坏。a. The palace was reduced to ruins by the allied forces of the eight foreign powers.b. The palace suffered ravage in the hands of the allied forces of the eight foreign powers.
8) 她们逐渐地镇定下来，有了自信。a. They gradually calmed down, restored self-confidence.b. Gradually, they calmed down and regained self-confidence.
9) 封建社会代替奴隶社会，资本主义代替封建主义，社会主义经历一个过程发展后必然代替资本主义。Feudal society replaced slavery society, capitalism supplanted feudalism, and, after a long time, socialism will necessarily supercede capitalism.
10) （一个世纪以来，中国人民在前进道路上经历了三次历史性的巨大变化……）第一次是辛亥革命，……第二次是中华人民共和国的成立，……第三次是改革开放……The first change was represented by the Revolution of 1911…The second change was marked by the founding of the People’s Republic of China…The third change was featured by the reform, opening-up policy…